(MUSE Booth #815) – Summit Healthcare, a leader in healthcare system integration and task automation, today announced that it will be showcasing its MEDITECH 6.0 migration best practices at the 2011 International MUSE Conference next week. Summit Healthcare also announced that its customer, Beaufort Memorial Hospital, has recently completed its full migration to MEDITECH 6.0. Beaufort is the latest milestone in a long list of successful MEDITECH 6.0 integration engagements in which Summit has provided its expertise for interface management, data migration and dictionary maintenance to ensure successful, streamlined and secure migrations.
Beaufort Memorial Hospital, an affiliate of Duke Medicine, is a full-service health care facility in Beaufort, South Carolina with 197 licensed beds and staffed by medical personnel consisting of over 150 board-certified or board-eligible physicians. After running on the MEDITECH Magic platform for over 20 years and relying on a variety of tools from various vendors to solve its integration challenges, Beaufort Memorial realized the great benefits of partnering with one integration company who could streamline and assist with the entire MEDITECH 6.0 migration.
At the core of the project was the Summit Apex product suite, which provided the hospital with all necessary tools including interface management, data migration, dictionary maintenance and synchronization, and downtime reporting needs. In addition to the investment in the Summit Apex product suite, Beaufort has entered into an Integration Outsourcing agreement with the Summit Healthcare professional services division to handle all integration management efforts for this project. The full Beaufort Memorial case study is available for download on the company website www.summit-healthcare.com
Beaufort Memorial successfully went live in March 2011, meeting all of its goals and timing milestones around MEDITECH 6.0 migration. Beaufort Memorial is among good company with other Summit Healthcare MEDITECH 6.0 facilities such as:
Boulder Community Hospital, Boulder, CO
Memorial Hospital, Belleville, IL
Northern Idaho Regional Alliance, Coeur d’Alene, ID
Jordan Hospital, Plymouth, MA
Alliance Hospital, Alliance, OH
Providence Health, Burbank, CA
“We have seen tremendous demand for our products and services amongst the many MEDITECH organizations commencing the laborious task of 6.0 migration,” said Ted Rossi, CEO, Summit Healthcare. “We at Summit are proud to assist these organizations and help them take advantage of our technologies and meet these new challenges head on. We are looking forward to sharing our expertise and best practices with the MEDITECH community at the upcoming 2011 International MUSE Conference.”
Summit Healthcare will be exhibiting at the 2011 International MUSE Conference, from June 1st to June 3rd, at the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville, Tennessee, in booth #815.
# # #
About Summit Apex
The Summit Apex integrated product suite provides the MEDITECH industry with a comprehensive toolset for integration and automation needs and has quickly become the standard for streamlining efforts. From interface management to data migration and dictionary maintenance efforts, the Summit Apex suite includes:
- Summit Express Connect — a robust interface engine used by hospitals to maximize and streamline their interface landscape. Allows the ability to leverage existing interfaces and easily connect multiple 3rd party ancillary vendor systems.
- Summit Provider Exchange — a scalable, secure solution that facilitates the integration of bi-directional patient data between the hospital and the EMR at the physician office or clinic.
- Summit Scripting Toolkit — a full-featured workflow and task automation tool that also provides the means to extract and parse data, and is often used when conventional (HL7) methods to deliver data are not available.
- Summit InSync — the market leading solution for dictionary maintenance accomplished through a powerful extraction, analysis and update process that ensures dictionaries are synchronized from test to live and across multiple facilities or platforms.
- Summit Downtime Reporting System — ensures continuous access to critical patient data for clinicians at all times, to ensure quality of care and operational continuity in the event of MEDITECH or network downtime.
For our healthcare clients that do not have the resources to develop and manage interfaces internally, Summit Healthcare offers Integration Outsourcing Services as part of a complete integration package.
About Summit Healthcare
Summit Healthcare is the choice of hospitals and providers who want to take full control of their MEDITECH healthcare systems integration and information management requirements. Since 1999, we have worked to provide the industry with the most flexible integration technology with complimentary tailored services and solutions.
Summit Healthcare continues to grow and has over 1,000 customers in the healthcare market, including close partnerships with complementary technology partners, major system integrators, and value-added resellers. For more information, visit http://www.summit-healthcare.com or call 781-519-4840.