Canadian IDN Selected Summit Healthcare for Scripting Technology, Dictionary Management and Downtime Reporting Tools
Braintree, MA. May 3, 2010 — British Columbia’s Interior Health Authority has successfully begun its MEDITECH 6.1 migration with integration and automation tools from Summit Healthcare, a leader in healthcare system integration and task automation. Interior Health selected Summit Healthcare because of the company’s deep MEDITECH integration expertise and its Summit Apex integrated product suite – a comprehensive toolset for streamlining MEDITECH 6.0 migration efforts. To assist in its migration from the MEDITECH Magic platform to MEDITECH 6.1, Interior Health is currently using Summit Scripting Toolkit™ and Summit InSync™ and has contracted for the implementation of the Summit Downtime Reporting System™.
As one of five health authorities in British Columbia, Interior Health recently made the decision to migrate from the MEDITECH Magic platform to MEDITECH 6.1 to meet its evolving needs. The business requirements outlined in the RPF process required a vendor that could provide robust, scalable scripting software and software to automate the migration and synchronization of MEDITECH’s data dictionaries across all MEDITECH platforms. Interior Health also required a business continuity solution that would provide secure access to critical patient data in the event of a MEDITECH or network downtime.
Now live with the Summit Scripting Toolkit and Summit InSync, Interior Health is using the Summit Scripting Toolkit to handle its intense data migration efforts and eliminate manual data entry that often accompanies a migration or implementation. Interior Health is using advanced features such as global segments to meet its internal tracking and auditing requirements. Summit InSync is in place to easily analyze, synchronize and maintain the organization’s test and live dictionaries between MEDITECH Magic and MEDITECH 6.1 platforms.
“We are very excited to be working with the largest IDN in Western Canada,” said Ted Rossi, president and CEO, Summit Healthcare. “Embarking on a MEDITECH 6.1 migration is a large undertaking and we are pleased to partner with Interior Health for its data migration and dictionary management needs. Once live with MEDITECH 6.1, our Downtime Reporting System will provide the necessary access to crucial patient data in the event of a downtime. Interior will be able to check off yet another go-live item – business continuity.”
About Summit Apex
The Summit Apex integrated product suite provides the MEDITECH industry with a comprehensive toolset for integration and automation needs and has quickly become the standard for streamlining MEDITECH 6.0 migration efforts. From interface management to data migration and dictionary maintenance efforts, the Summit Apex suite includes:
- Summit Express Connect — a robust interface engine used for both hospital and physician office EMR integration with 3rd party vendor systems.
- Summit Provider Exchange — a scalable, secure solution that facilitates the integration of bi-directional patient data between the hospital and the EMR at the physician office or clinic.
- Summit Scripting Toolkit — a full-featured workflow and task automation tool that also provides the means to extract and parse data, and is often used when conventional (HL7) methods to deliver data are not available.
- Summit InSync — the market leading solution for dictionary maintenance accomplished through a powerful extraction, analysis and update process that ensures dictionaries are synchronized from test to live and across multiple facilities or platforms.
- Summit Downtime Reporting System — ensures continuous access to critical patient data for clinicians at all times, to ensure quality of care and operational continuity in the event of MEDITECH or network downtime.
For our healthcare clients that do not have the resources to develop and manage interfaces internally, Summit Healthcare offers Integration Outsourcing Services as part of a complete integration package.
About Summit Healthcare
Summit Healthcare is the choice of hospitals and providers who want to take full control of their MEDITECH healthcare systems integration and information management requirements. Since 1999, we have worked to provide the industry with the most flexible integration technology with complimentary tailored services and solutions. Summit Healthcare continues to grow and has over 1,000 customers in the healthcare market, including close partnerships with complementary technology partners, major system integrators, and value-added resellers. For more information, visit http://www.summit-healthcare.com or call 781-519-4840.