- Supports Ancillary Integration
- Integrated Interface Engine
- Inherent CCD Data Exchange
- Included HISP for Direct Messaging
- Scalable for future Integration
- Built in API for extendibility
- Supports SMTP, TCP/IP, HTTP
- Support IHE Protocols for Community Exchange
- Reporting for message counts, volumes, and up-time
Summit Exchange — Integration Without Limitation
Summit Exchange is a powerful, proven and cost-effective interoperability platform used by more than 200 healthcare organizations to establish seamless data exchange, addressing a wide range of technology and information integration and automation challenges from the simple to the extremely complex. Exchange delivers standards-based interface support, allowing Hospitals, Health Systems, ACOs, Practices, Clinics and Vendors to successfully connect disparate systems, gather and normalize data and streamline connectivity, communication, and data exchange. Connecting systems and accurately integrating data is essential to delivering on quality and patient safety expectations. Therefore, whether your organization is looking to integrate with ancillary vendors, vendor monitors, physician practices, another Hospital, or an HIE, Summit Exchange combines support for all of the latest interoperability standards with a deep history of supporting the widest range of existing systems.
David Watson, CIO at Memorial Health System
“We really liked the features and functionality offered with the Summit Exchange interface engine. But what really differentiated Summit Healthcare from our other provider was their reputation in the industry for focusing on us, the client, and the level of support they were committed to providing.”
Summit Exchange Technical Features
There are many additional features of Summit Exchange. We encourage you to call and speak to a Summit team member for additional information and ways which you can incorporate this powerful product into your organization.
- Integrated interface engine
- Inherent CCD data exchange for meeting TOC measures
- Included HISP for direct messaging
- Support integration beyond ancillary systems with IHE supported protocols for Community Exchange including ITI, PIX/PDQ, XCPD, XCA, XDM and XDR IHE Standards
- System reporting for message counts, volumes, and up-time
- Built in API for extendibility for connectivity and processing
- Support new interoperability standards and protocols (SMTP, TCP/IP, HTTP)
- Communicates with any vendor including Web Services: HTTPS, XML, SMIME, SOAP
- Secure message transmission using Secure Sockets Layer encryption
- Build simple to complex mappings via point-and-click
- Comprehensive Message Logging
- MDN Logging to support attestation numerator requirements
- Unlimited Inbound and Outbound Feeds
The demands on healthcare IT departments to configure, test, and deliver HL7 interfaces, for sharing mission critical data across patient care, financial and population health analytics systems, continue to grow rapidly. As hospitals look to cost-effectively architect accurate, real-time interoperability across systems, Summit Exchange delivers the technology to effectively leverage specific healthcare formats and messaging standards to meet immediate integration goals, while laying the foundation for future initiatives.
As health care delivery and reimbursements shift from volume-based to value-based business models, ambulatory and acute providers successes have never been more entwined. Improved coordination, communication and integration between hospitals and physicians is essential to advancing quality of care and succeeding financially in the new era of healthcare. Summit Exchange provides a powerful, long-term foundation for through which you can further unlock the potential of supporting your bi-directional integration and proactive communication initiatives, with your owned, affiliated, or non-affiliated provider community.
ONC Certified Interface Engine
Summit Exchange has been tested and certified through the ONC Drummond Group
The Summit Exchange Integration Engine is compliant in accordance with the criteria adopted by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Drummond Group’s ONC-ACB certification program certifies that EHRs, and software that interacts with EHRs, meet the Meaningful Use criteria for either eligible provider or hospital technology. In turn, healthcare providers using the products of certified vendors are qualified to receive federal stimulus monies upon demonstrating meaningful use of the technology; a key component of the federal government’s push to improve clinical care delivery through the adoption and effective use of EHRs by U.S. healthcare providers.
Modules Tested: 170.315 (d)(1-3, 5-9); (g)(4,5)
Costs and Limitations: There are no additional costs other than the initial purchase price.
Technical or Practical Limitations: There are also no contractual, technical or practical limitations in order to meet the certification requirements.
Summit Exchange met the 2015 requirements for Modular Ambulatory EHR and Modular Inpatient EHR certification. For more information, go to www.drummondgroup.com
Click on the seal below to see the 2015 Edition Certificate.