With the Summit Scheduler, you will be able to easily and automatically launch any application as needed or as scheduled based on parameters you set. Whether launching time-based applications or file-based where you set properties such as age, filename, or other triggers within a directory or file, you will have precise control of automated tasks. With the use of File Triggers, actions can be triggered when files are moved or copied into folders. Using a file mask, variably named files can be dropped into a folder which would then automatically initiate any actions within the Scheduler. For example, a spreadsheet that shows up daily for employee meal purchases contains a date and time stamp along with the .xlsx extension, using the File Trigger function, upon receipt of the file, run a script to automate employee payroll deductions.
Speak with one of our product experts to discuss how these robust features of the Summit Scheduler can help you with your organization’s automation needs:
- Automate file manipulation tasks including moving, copying, deleting, sending email, and FTP among others.
- Automate encrypting and decrypting data and zipping and unzipping.
- Run any executable or batch file including command line arguments.
- Use file triggers to monitor a directory using file properties.
- Launch any program or application based on triggers.
- Advanced error logic identifies problems and suggests solutions.