“Enabling an EMPI solution has made a significant difference in our duplicate/inaccurate record rate. This allows our staff to provide the best possible patient care.”
Improve Patient Matching Easily and Accurately
You can’t afford to ignore patient identity errors. Ensure you have clean systems with clean data by using a comprehensive identity management solution.
Summit EMPI is a unique identity management platform which solves the problem of siloed data both within your organization and with your affiliated partners.
EMPI is an extension to the Summit Exchange platform that creates and maintains the accuracy of the patient and provider records throughout the healthcare network, including affiliated organization’s systems. EMPI consolidates duplicate records and maps the location of all patient and provider records into a 360o view. The technology integrates with Summit Exchange to facilitate information sharing via HL7 and discrete data integration with affiliated organizations and enables the healthcare organization to achieve the goal of “One patient. One record.” throughout the entire clinical network.
Summit EMPI is the platform your organization needs to improve information exchange throughout your organization and supporting the success of future initiatives that all rely on accurate patient and provider identities.
ROI: Cost Savings
- Immediate ROI
- Reduces financial delays with accurate billing and reimbursements
- Automates patient matching
- Improved patient care, quality and effectiveness with comprehensive data
Vendor & Application Neutrality
- Connect to all HCIS vendors, including MEDITECH, Allscripts, Cerner HS, Cerner Millennium, HMS, Epic
- Operates independently from the single application logic
- Provides all other applications services for research, entry, update of demographic data, and reconciliation of two demographic positions
Ease of Use
- Interacts with other external demographics, such as health demographics or regional demographics
- Maintain demographic information histories, logging any variations connected to each patient contact with the health structure
- Controlling homonyms according to configurable criteria, and reconciling demographic positions (merge and unmerge)
- Establishes a common patient identifier for cross-platform interoperability and accurate data exchange
- Ensures interoperation between different subsystems by sharing common coding catalogues
- Increases patient safety measures through ensuring clinicians have an accurate view of a patient’s medical history
- Reduction in patient redundancy
Your EHR is Only as Good as the Information Running Through It
The costs of patient record duplication and incorrect record linking are real and growing fast. It is not just a financial cost – Medical Errors are the third leading cause of death in the US today. An incomplete picture of a patient’s total care can lead to costly and dangerous mistakes.
Average number of duplicates in an organization’s EHR
Cost of each duplicate, per patient
Claims denied due to inaccurate patient information
Number of people who die annually due to mistaken identity