“Enabling an EMPI solution has made a significant difference in our duplicate/inaccurate record rate. This allows our staff to provide the best possible patient care.”
Can We Help You with an MPI Analysis Check?
Improve Patient Matching Easily and Accurately
You can’t afford to ignore patient identity errors. Ensure you have a clean system with clean data by using a comprehensive EMPI solution.
Summit Healthcare has partnered with Dedalus Health Systems Group to expand their integration offerings and bring you an even more comprehensive integration platform for your hospital systems. This newly expanded platform offers an Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI) solution.
EMPI provides for a central source of consistent patient identities and demographic data with extended support for multiple identifiers across complex systems and ensure uniqueness of each patient’s chart. While supporting for multiple patient domains and MPI federations, EMPI makes patient information continually available to internal and external consumers.
ROI: Cost Savings
- Immediate ROI
- Reduces financial delays with accurate billing and reimbursements
- Automates patient matching
- Improved patient care, quality and effectiveness with comprehensive data
Vendor & Application Neutrality
- Connect to all HCIS vendors, including MEDITECH, Allscripts, Cerner HS, Cerner Millennium, HMS, Epic
- Operates independently from the single application logic
- Provides all other applications services for research, entry, update of demographic data, and reconciliation of two demographic positions
Ease of Use
- Interacts with other external demographics, such as health demographics or regional demographics
- Maintain demographic information histories, logging any variations connected to each patient contact with the health structure
- Controlling homonyms according to configurable criteria, and reconciling demographic positions (merge and unmerge)
- Establishes a common patient identifier for cross-platform interoperability and accurate data exchange
- Ensures interoperation between different subsystems by sharing common coding catalogues
- Increases patient safety measures through ensuring clinicians have an accurate view of a patient’s medical history
- Reduction in patient redundancy
The expanded platform has the ability to assist healthcare providers in collecting and sharing patient information, documents, and processes across multiple institutions. Providers are able to efficiently manage healthcare information while reducing risk, improving security and drastically increasing quality control.
Provide the means to create an efficient cross-institutional healthcare network, all while improving your clinical and administrative processes:
- The Document Registry and Repository are the central components of the platform. These components are devoted to accepting, maintaining and storing documents submitted by document source applications. The Repository, combined with the Document Registry, allows for an integrated environment. While the repository component manages documents, the registry manages the metadata associated with said documents. The primary advantage of this approach is that there are no restrictions on the amount of document repositories that can be associated with a single document registry.
- Health Viewer provides a web-based graphical interface to end users for browsing and displaying documents stored in the Summit Platform Repository, thus providing in-context or out-context secure access to clinical information. Health Viewer supports patient search, document query, document retrieve and display, with a powerful rendering engine for CDA2 documents and FHIR resources.